Senior Project Week 1

 It has been a full week already! That is crazy, I started this week knowing nothing about Mix it Up, and so far have an amazing plan of what I am going to do, and I even started working on it! there was a lot of learning how to do different things and brainstorming what I should make, but overall I do believe that I did a great job. I am still on track for my project and this next week will mainly be a lot of programing and revising my timeline to turn it into an actual game. With Mix it Up, you have to think about things in a different point of view than if you were thinking of it as any other programming language, since it is not meant for programming at all, it is supposed to be used for simple text commands and other small applications. I am using something called a "Conditional" to turn this application into something that understands "If/Than" statements. Which means it can say "If this says this, than do this".


If/Than Statements are the staple for many programming languages, and because Mix it Up has a conditional, I am able to make a command that goes through a bunch of If/Than statements, in order to make a game! This game will not have graphic elements by the time I am done with it, but it will still be a storytelling type of game, where my chat will get responses depending on what happens in the game. In the future, I do plan on getting some graphical elements onto this game, which I can trigger using conditionals that say "TRUE" or "FALSE" in a text document which would turn on or off any graphic. But I would need more time than what I have.


Even without these graphical elements, my game will still be very fun for everyone to play. So far my idea is that people will type a command to join a party that goes into a dangerous dungeon, inside that dungeon you will find monsters, sometimes a hidden chest, and at the end, there is always a boss monster. This monster determines your fate, you can either fight the monster and win, or fight them and lose. If you win you get the treasure that the monster was hiding and you complete the dungeon, and if you lose you will die and lose all of your items and half of your gold. But in the end, the winner is the person with the most gold and the best items! I think this was a great start to the week, and I am super excited for next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 4!

Senior Project Day 5!

Senior Project Day 11